Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Writing and Teaching Narratives - Fri 28 June 19
Writing and Teaching Narratives: Years 6 to 12
Friday 28 June 2019
Two Sisters, 135B Goodwood Rd, Goodwood
This workshop is designed for teachers of English keen to learn more about the narrative form and strategies to engage and support all learners to construct a successful story. The workshop will include strategies for stretching and disciplining the most confident writers through to supporting those who struggle to develop ideas or get words on the page or screen.
During the workshop, you will
- Work with a maximum of eleven other teachers
- Articulate priorities for your classes and school in relation to writing narratives
- Develop creative solutions to student engagement, writing practices and the formulation of narratives
- Map Australian Curriculum Content Descriptors and Achievement Standards against the teaching and production of narrative
- Participate as writers in some demonstrations for classroom strategies (with no pressure or expectation of sharing your writing)
- Have access to materials online during the day, and to share with your faculty/teaching team until the end Term 4, 2019.
All English teachers are welcome. However, the workshop may be particularly useful if two teachers from the one school attend together, and please note the discount offered in this case. Dr Rosie Kerin has designed and will facilitate the day.
9am- 3pm, Friday 28 June 2019. Please be ready to commence on time so that we can finish at 3pm.
Venue and catering
Two Sisters, 135B Goodwood Rd, Goodwood SA 5034
- We will have exclusive use of Two Sisters Food and Wine
- You can expect a morning tea or coffee and fruit on arrival, as well as delicious morning tea and lunch.
- When you register, you will be asked to let us know if you are vegetarian, vegan or have dietary intolerances.
- Three-hour parking is available along Gilbert Street (running between Two Sisters and the Capri Cinema, or if you park a street or two to the east of Goodwood Road you will find some all day parking.
What to bring:
- Please bring along a charged laptop or tablet
- Two to three examples of student narratives from your own classes (with names removed) - for practical purposes please print these for working in groups on the day
- a narrative text you share/teach with a class (short story or novel).
All bookings must go through this TryBooking site and will be processed in order of receipt.
- $245 for one teacher, or
- $460 for two teachers booking together from the same school.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.