Advaned Beekeeping with Doug Purdie and Vicky Brown
The Urban Beehive is offering a one-day advanced beekeeping course. The aim is for participants to gain a better knowledge of European honeybees and the methods of keeping them in an urban environment and build on their existing experience. The course is only open to participants who have completed our beginners course.
The course will cover advanced topics such as:
- Queen locating techniques
- Marking Queens
- Dealing with cross-combed hives
- Swarm prevention
- Why requeen and how do you do it
- Splitting hives and joining hives
- Moving hives
- Dealing with grumpy bees
- Getting fresh wax into the brood box
- Dealing with Small hive beetle and other pests
The course will start at 8.50 am and run utill about 2.00 pm
Click on the BOOK NOW button at the top of the page to book in for the class.
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available