Heritage Steam Train ride 2019
Journey into the past on a genuine heritage train from Central to Rhodes and return.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to experience the sights and sounds of steam. Travel on the recently restored 101-year-old steam locomotive 3526, built in 1917.
This 35 class (C35) passenger steam locomotive is the only one of it's kind left in existence and is still operational.
Trains of this kind became nicknamed 'Nannies' or 'Naughty Nannies,' because of the functional categorisation of them as part of the ‘NN class.’
In the early 1930s, this train was one of only three trains painted blue and selected to run the 'Caves Express'. The Caves Express, named after the Jenolan Caves, was an express service between Sydney and the Blue Mountains, to rival the growing popularity of the car and improved roads.
In 1967 the train was withdrawn from service and retained for preservation.
This event is suitable for all ages. Children under 16 must accompanied by an adult at all times.
This event is part of Rail Safety Week, Monday 12 – Sunday 18 August. TrackSAFE with Thomas and Friends will also be running as part of Rail Safety Week.
Dates and times
Four train rides depart each day between 10.08am and 3.08pm, Sunday 11 – Monday 12 August.
Train rides to Rhodes and return run for 90 minutes.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your ride to allow time to check in as the train departs on time.
There will also be face painting, a balloon artist, and a drawing activity table on the concourse of Central Station that you can attend before or after your Heritage Steam Train ride.
Parking for prams and strollers will be available nearby as they will not be able to come on the train.
Only collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated on board. If you are travelling with a wheelchair or scooter you must be able to be assisted on and off the train and into a train seat by travelling companions or staff.
Central Station, Platform 2
Find your way to Rail Safety Week events at Platforms 1 and 2 with the Central Station map (pdf 401KB). Please note the locations of lifts, escalators and accessible paths prior to arriving at the station.
Tickets are $5 per person.
Your ticket will allocate you to a carriage but within each carriage there is no reserved seating. Staff will help you to find a seat when you arrive.
This is a fundraising event and proceeds will support the TrackSAFE Foundation to provide rail safety resources.
All instructions given by Sydney Trains staff and On-board Passenger Attendants must be followed at all times.
If you are also attending the TrackSAFE with Thomas & Friends event, please allow enough time between the two bookings as staff cannot alter or amend your booking on the event day. Please arrive 15 mins before your session time for check-in. (Thomas Event & Heritage Steam Train Event will run for up to 90 minutes each)
Sydney Trains is proudly hosting this event and is responsible for the sale of tickets. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact email@example.com.
Refunds and Cancellations
As this is a popular event, please consider others and do not book additional tickets unless required and cancel your booking if you cannot attend the event. Any refund requests must be made prior to 5pm AEST on Wednesday 7 August 2019. No refunds will be issued after this date and time.
Event terms and conditions
- This ticket is proof of purchase of the above event and must be presented at the time of admission.
- Only one ticket is valid per ticket purchased. Tickets are not to be duplicated for the purpose of falsifying entry.
- Any refund requests MUST be made PRIOR to 5 pm AEST on Wednesday 7 August 2019. No refunds will be issued after this date and time.
- If the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued to all customers.
- The Sydney Trains reserves the right to refuse entry. Any people who are noisy, drunk, threatening or unruly will be asked to leave the premises.
- For the safety and comfort of other customers, you must observe these conditions of travel:
- Animals and pets: Animals are not permitted on stations or trains, except for assistance animals or police and security dogs.
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol or being in possession of an open container of alcohol is not permitted. Drunk and disorderly people are not permitted on stations and trains.
- Dangerous materials: Toxic, flammable and/or hazardous materials including motorised scooters, bikes, lawn mowing or other equipment that have petrol motors, are not permitted on stations or trains.
- Shopping trolleys: Shopping trolleys from supermarkets are not permitted on station platforms or on trains.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted at stations or on trains, penalties apply.
- I give Sydney Trains, NSW Trains, RailCorp, Transport for NSW and Sydney Light Rail (Transport Agency) absolute and irrevocable rights and permission with regards to the photographs, video, recordings and depictions and use of my likeness (and / or such recordings and depictions of my family members) that the Transport Agency and / or its authorised representatives have taken or produced of me (and / or my family members) for the use, re-use, publishing and re-publishing in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other photographs, video or images, in any medium and for any purpose whatsoever, including (but not by way of limitation) illustration, website / intranet site, promotion, presentations, education, publicity, advertising and trade.
Furthermore, I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the photographs, video or images that may be used by the Transport Agency in accordance with the paragraph above.
I also understand that I am to receive no compensation in connection with the publication, broadcasting and distribution of any photographs, video or images taken of me and / or my family members.
I hereby release the Transport Agency, the photographer, videographer and any designer (including any agency, broadcaster or publisher acting on behalf of the Transport Agency) from any and all claims and demands (including but not limited to claims for remuneration or compensation) arising out of or in connection with the use of such photographs, video or images, including but not limited to any claims for defamation, breach of confidentiality or invasion of privacy, to the extent permitted by law.
- This ticket has been created and managed using the TryBooking site and is also subject to the terms and conditions of TryBooking.com.
- The laws of New South Wales apply to this contract.
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available