This beginner level program, is designed specifically with teachers/ educators in mind, however this course would also be useful for any adult who works or interacts in settings with children. The course includes a balance of learning about mindfulness and practical applications with time to practice.
The course includes:
- An Introduction to Mindfulness
- Mindfulness techniques: different practices will be taught each week including using the breath, awareness of body, becoming more heart-centred, mindfulness of feelings, thoughts & emotions
- Simple neuroscience of mindfulness (why it works) - Using mindfulness in the classroom or when working with children (particularly challenging ones)
- Becoming more mindful of the life/workload balance - Identifying emotional responses and ways to create calm in difficult situations
- Nurturing self-compassion for yourself and the students you work with
- Teacher’s Toolbox : 5 minute mindfulness practices for the classroom.
Program dates: Saturday 14 September 2019 from 9.00am -3.30pm
(Note- lunch is NOT provided. There are food options available locally or bring your own. Light refreshments will be provided)
Venue: Mawson Lakes Conference Centre (level 1) Mawson Lakes Hotel
See all our courses on the website www.themindfulclassroom.com.au
Mawson Lakes Hotel
10 Main St, Mawson lakes, South Australia
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.