Online tickets can no longer be bought. You will be able to buy your ticket at Open Garden Day.
PLC Open Garden Day 2019
The PLC Open Garden Day showcases some of Perth's best gardens as they blossom in spring.
Organised by PLC Parents, this year's Open Garden Day will see a number of new and historic homes, opening their spectacular gardens for the first time, as part of Open Garden Day.
Date: Friday 25 October 2019
Time: 10.00 am - 2.00 pm
Cost: $25 per person $15 Pension & Senior Card Holders (must show valid card)
Cafe: The outdoor cafe at 143 Forrest St will be open from 9.00 am.
Online ticket sales close: Thursday 24 October, 5.00 pm
Tickets can be purchased on the day, at Manners Hill Park (where free parking is) from 8.30 am, or at Scorgie House PLC (14 McNeil St Peppermint Grove).
What's on offer:
- 8 magnificent private gardens open to visitors
- Free parking at Manners Hill Park with a a free courtesy tram & bus shuttle service running from here at regular intervals to take you to the gardens, cafe and market. The Tram and bus will run from 9.30 am - 2.30 pm and it will run approx every 15 minutes
- Outdoor garden cafe with delicious homemade treats opening at 9.00 am with a special PLC bus service to get you there. This service will begin at 8.45 am and run every 15 minutes until 9.45 am direct to the cafe, from Manners Hill Park.
- View Street will be closed for the event this year which will generate an amazing atmopshere
- Over 50 market stalls with incredible local-made art, jewellery, bags, cakes, succulents and more on sale
- Live music and entertainment by PLC music students
Special Guest - Sabrina Hahn
This year we are delighted to have Sabrina Hahn, master gardener, horticultural professional, award winning radio presenter and writer, be part of Open Garden Day!
Sabrina Hahn is Western Australia’s most popular horticulturalist and master gardener, with over 25 years on ABC Radio and writing twice weekly in The West Australian inspiring green (and not so green) thumbs. Sab believes a garden should be a haven, a refuge, sustainable, manageable, affordable and above all enjoyable for its owners.
Please note that entry into gardens is at your own risk.
No cuttings are to be taken from any gardens.
No prams in gardens.
No photographs are to be taken in any gardens.
Gardens open from 10.00 am - 2.00 pm | Café open from 9.00 am
10.00 am & 11.30 am: WanderingPipers
1.20 pm - 1.50pm: Pipe Band, Market
Music on the steps of the PLC Chapel
1.00 pm - 1.20 pm: Combined Suzuki Strings
Music in the Gardens (gardens revealed in programme on the day)
10.00 am - 12.00 pm: Vocal Soloists, Harpist, Cello Duo, Piano Trio
10.00 am - 12.00 pm: SNAP Quartet, Flute Ensemble, Saxophone Ensemble, Wind Quintet
Special Guest Appearances
10.45 am - 11.15 am: Garden Café 143 Forrest St Floral Demonstration, Rebecca Grace - Natural Art Flowers
11.30 am - 1.30 pm: Meet at 161 Forrest St Sabrina Hahn Guided Walking Tour
12.00 pm - 12.30 pm: Garden Café 143 Forrest St Soprano, Georgina Thorpe
12.30 pm - 1.00 pm: Garden Café 143 Forrest St Soprano, Cate Tweedie
2.00 pm: Scorgie House, View St
Principal, Ms Cate Begbie
PLC Perth, View Street, Peppermint Grove
FREE PARKING available at Manners Hill Park, Peppermint Grove (courtesy bus & tram to take you to gardens)
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available