Your next creative event may be around the corner. And you may be thinking, 'How can I effectively promote my event to be able to sell enough tickets to make money?'
Promoting your creative event doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. But how do you promote your creativity to an appropriate paying audience with a limited or non-existent budget?
If you’re a Melbourne performer, producer, theatre maker, visual artist or creative entrepreneur then his workshop is for YOU!
Join April Erskine from BCauseARTS at The Motely Bauhaus for a three-hour workshop about creative and effective low budget marketing techniques that will intrigue, inspire and excite paying audiences towards your next creative event.
In this workshop we will discuss:
- What makes arts event marketing unique
- The difference between marketing and publicity
- Common and overlooked marketing opportunities that are effective and essential for the arts
- How to and WHY develop relationships with audience members
- Why it is essential to have a follow-up strategy
The workshop will begin with an introduction icebreaker that will allow us to get to know one another. Then there will be a 30-minute presentation, followed by a brief break for a drink at the bar and networking.
The second half of the workshop will be an open discussion before another brief break, and then a time to break into groups to help one another develop effective marketing strategies. Please feel free to bring along promotional material for your creative event.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify what it is YOU want for your creative event
- Produce an audience avatar for your creative event
- Be able to develop strong marketing collateral and messaging with a low-budget/cost-effective strategy
- Be confident in promoting your next creative event!
To get the most out of the discussion, bring a pen, a notebook, questions, past or present promotional material and a supportive attitude.
If you have any questions about the event, please email email@example.com or call 0432 984 178.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
The Motley Bauhaus
102 Scotchmer Street, Fitzroy North, Victoria 3068
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available