Our annual conference runs over two days and will highlight that Borderline Personality (BPD) is no longer regarded as untreatable and that people with BPD (and their families) deserve equitable access to the treatment and support they need.
Day 1: Preconference Workshop (Thursday November 14th)
Full day workshop for mental health clinicians. A/Prof Sathya Rao will discuss "Working with Complexity" in particular the comorbid and co-existing mental health and medical problems that frequently complicate assessment and treatment of BPD. For more information or to book
Day 2: Conference (Friday November 15th) is a day for anyone with an interest in BPD including clinicians, service providers, people with lived experience, and their families/friends/carers to meet and share experiences.
The presentations will feature many contributions of those with lived experience of BPD, their families and carers and clinicians. It provides a unique opportunity for clinicians, practitioners, consumers, carers and family members from across Australia to meet, collaborate, share experiences and learn.
Main conference - Click "BOOK NOW" link above
Keynote Speaker: Professor Jayashri Kulkarni
Jayashri was appointed Professor of Psychiatry at The Alfred and Monash University in 2002. She founded and directs a large psychiatric research group, the Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre (MAPrc). Her presentation will explore new approaches to the cause/origins, possible preventative strategies and treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder
Lived Experience Plenary Sessions:
- Carissa Wright (WA)
- Mahlie Jewell and Dr Kyla Cassells: (NSW) "Consumer and Carer Perspective on Living with BPD: Storms and Sunshine - 20 years of friendship with BPD"
- Aaron Fornarino (SA)
- Tania Lacey – famous Australian comedian and now an international children’s author will present via video from Berlin about her life with and recovery from BPD
Breakout Sessions and Workshops Including:
- Consumer Panel of people with lived experience of BPD
- Carer Panel of family or other carers of people with lived experience of BPD
- Exploring the peer workforce
- NDIS panel
- Snapshot of current research
- National Training Strategy
- Mindful Self Compassion workshop
PLUS much more…………..
Join us after the conference for an optional Networking event with drinks and nibbles in the atrium - separte registration required
To register for both days click on the "Find Other Events" button on the booking details page.
6 Queens Rd
Melbourne Victoria 3004
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.