6-10 English: Assessment plans, processes and products
Thursday 19 September 2019
Two Sisters, 135B Goodwood Rd, Goodwood
This workshop is designed for teachers of English wanting to review their assessment plans, processes and products. The focus will be on assessment for and as learning, and examining how research-based practices can support more rigorous, equitable and engaging tasks for students from Years 6 to 10. We will also examine marking and assessment practices to support student independence and accountability, and create a more sustainable assessment environment for teachers.
During the workshop, you will
- Work with a maximum of eleven other teachers
- Consider effective research-based approaches to assessment in all domains of English: reading and viewing; speaking and listening; and writing.
- Create a hypothetical or real Semester 2 Assessment Plan for one of your classes, based on best practice
- Consider the application of the ACARA National Literacy Progressions to steer individual growth across all domains of English
- Work in groups to renovate or replace an old assessment tasks to address Content Descriptions and Achievement Standards for your relevant year level(s)
- Have access to materials online during the day, and to share with your faculty/teaching team until the end Term 4, 2019.
All English teachers are welcome. However, the workshop may be particularly useful if two teachers from the one school attend together, and please note the discount offered in this case. Dr Rosie Kerin has designed and will facilitate the day.
9am- 3pm, Thursday 19 August 2019. Please be ready to commence on time so that we can finish at 3pm.
Venue and catering
Two Sisters, 135B Goodwood Rd, Goodwood SA 5034
- We will have exclusive use of Two Sisters Food and Wine
- You can expect a morning tea or coffee and fruit on arrival, as well as delicious morning tea and lunch.
- When you register, you will be asked to let us know if you hae any dietary requirements so that you can enjoy the catering.
- Three-hour parking is available along Gilbert Street (running between Two Sisters and the Capri Cinema, or if you park a street or two to the east of Goodwood Road you will find some all day parking.
What to bring:
- Please bring along a charged laptop or tablet
- Two to three examples of assessment tasks you currently use and want to renovate or replace
- An assessment plan for one or more of your classes (if you have one)
All bookings must go through this TryBooking site and will be processed in order of receipt.
- $245 for one teacher, or
- $460 for two teachers booking together from the same school.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.