BEGINNER MINDFUL RUNNING (Term 4)
TERM 4 STARTS
FRIDAY 11 October 9:15am-10:15am
**No running experience necessary**
Learn all the basics of running, with a mindful and holistic difference, in a supportive, comfortable, women-only environment. This Beginner Mindful Running Course is dedicated to help you go from zero to hero in just one term! You will gain more running confidence, feel more relaxed, improve your fitness and meet some new running buddies.
You will learn:-
- Basic Running techniques (with a mindful difference)
- Natural running - going with our natural flow
- Pacing - 3 gear principle
- Breathing - including techniques to alleviate your anxiety
- Energy efficiency - exerting less to achieve more
- Cadence - why have quick feet
- Heart Rate - how to use it in your running
- Hill Running - learn to love hills
WEEKS 1-5 Learn Fundamentals and Techniques (limited running)
WEEKS 6-9 Integrate Techniques into running (2-3km in total of running); Including
A Group ParkRun (run/walk) at Stones Corner.
At the end of the Term you will achieve:-
- Running skills
- Increased fitness
- Success in running non-stop for (at least) 1km
- Body Awareness
- Confidence to continue running on your own or in a group
- A Love of Running!
BRING A FRIEND (2 adults) $425
WHO IS THIS SUITABLE FOR?
- Beginners with no knowledge of running.
- Women returning to running after a break.
- Women wanting to brush up on their running skills mindfully.
- Women who want to gradually get back to running, stress-free.
- A great introduction before joining our "Mindful Running for Women Sessions".
GREENSLOPES - Annerley Junior Football Club, 98 Victoria Terrace (Corner of Baron Street), Greenslopes
Meet in front of playground (near walking path) on Baron Street, next to 'Monkey Bar Cafe'. (Join us for a coffee post-run.)
There is ample free on-street parking in Victoria Terrace and Baron Street.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact Carmen Low.
Phone - 0413250413
Email - email@example.com
To participate you must be physically able to exercise. Please see your physician if you are unsure. Running distance during the term will be limited, as it is drill/technique and beginner based.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.