Media Skills workshop with Tim Brunero
Designed especially for community legal centres and those who work in the community sector, the course is suitable for all levels of media experience. The day includes an opportunity to hone your interview skills on camera, with tailored feedback.
Hear from experienced radio presenter/producer Tim Brunero about what journalists need to run your story and how to present with clarity and authority.
The workshop will be co-presented by PIAC’s Media and Communications Manager, Gemma Pearce, who has more than fifteen years in media advisory roles in politics, government and advocacy organisations.
THE WORKSHOP COVERS:
- The current media landscape – demands and opportunities
- What journalists need to run a radio/print/tv story
- How to maximise the impact/prominence of your story
- The do’s and don’ts of op eds
- How to prepare for an interview
- Getting your message across
- Diffusing difficult questions and thinking on your feet
- Presenting with clarity and authority
On Tuesday 22 October 2019 at 9:30am to 4:30pm
Public Interest Advocacy Centre
Level 5, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney, NSW 2000
ACCESS AND EQUITY
PIAC adheres to principles of access and equity in order to maximise outcomes for training participants.
Only wheelchair accessible venues are used for our public training courses. PIAC can provide materials in accessible formats and will provide Auslan interpreters (with notice) where required.
Please feel free to discuss your special access needs with us.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.