Teen Wellbeing - Panel Discussion on Teen Mental Health
To help parents and caregivers devise ways to better connect with their teenagers, Inaburra School is hosting a panel discussion to focus on teen mental health and well-being. Our panel will comprise of four professionals in the field, Dr Andrew Parkin (Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist), Julia London (Clinical, Educational and Developmental Psychologist), along with Inaburra Senior School Counsellors Michelle DeRieve and Maria Taylor.
The panel will be tackling a number of questions such as:
- What is the biggest 'fail' a parent can do when it comes to a child with anxiety?
- My child spends a lot of time in their room alone. Should I be concerned?
- My child is regularly fighting against going to school- what should I do?
- My child is sleeping between two households, how do I create and protect a safe and stable environment?
- My partner/ex-partner and I don’t agree on how to manage our child’s mental health/wellbeing. How influential are conflicting responses and actions from parents?
- My teenager appears more moody than normal, is this just hormones, or should I be looking out for something else?
- I can see that my child’s friends are regularly having a negative effect on their wellbeing, when/how do I intervene?
There will also be an opportunity for questions from the audience.
Prior to the event Headspace will have an information table and Community Engagement Officer Rebecca Gosling will be on hand to advise parents of services available in the local area.
Wednesday 16 October 2019
6:30pm - 7:00pm Headspace Information table open
7:00pm - 8:00pm Panel Discussion
8:00pm - 8:30pm Questions from the audience
Please note this is an adult only event, suitable for parents and caregivers of Stage 3 to Stage 6.
Performing Arts Centre - Free Event
Inaburra School - Performance Arts Centre
75-85 Billa Road, Bangor, NSW 2234
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.