The Wisdom of Self Care
As we step into Spring and Summer, now is the perfect time to commence and continue taking ayurvedic care of ourselves, which also supports us in taking care of others. The ancient wisdom of Ayurveda teaches us that nourishing our unique pattern of energies is the key to a balanced life.
For self-care to be effective, it becomes part of a daily routine. Routine helps to establish balance in one's constitution. It also regularizes a person's biological clock, aids digestion, absorption and assimilation, and generates self-esteem, discipline, peace, happiness, and longevity.
Following on from the incredibly popular “Wisdom of Life” and “Wisdom of Elements” events held recently, we are delighted to again have Meta Doherty join us to bring her wealth of knowledge through ‘A Day of Ayurveda’ incorporating yoga, breathing, meditation, chanting, cooking and a discussion on recommendations for self-care with some actual practices.
If you have attended any of our Ayurveda events, or if you are a first-timer, you are invited to join Meta and cultivate delight in Ayurveda through yoga, hands-on cooking and self-spa.
Thousands of years before modern medicine provided scientific evidence for the mind-body connection, the sages of India developed Ayurveda, which continues to be one of the world’s most sophisticated and powerful mind-body health systems.
More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge). It offers a body of wisdom designed to help people stay vibrant and healthy while realising their full human potential.
With a variety of experiential practices, you will have first-hand knowledge of why - by doing.
During this nourishing day we will:
- Begin exploring self-care with a luxurious yoga session.
- Enjoy an Ayurveda snack and a cuppa, getting to know each other.
- Prepare, cook and savour a nourishing vegan, gluten-free lunch which will balance the energies of summer.
- The afternoon will continue with Meta sharing self-care recommendations and actual practices.
- Our self-care day will end with some time and space to explore Question and Answer time and another Ayurveda snack and cuppa.
Meta Doherty is an IYTA (Australia) Yoga Teacher, Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant and author of two books – Sattwa Café and Ayurvedic Forever Wellbeing, A Treasury of Holistic Recommendations. Over the past 20 years, Meta has lived and celebrated the exquisite nature of these traditional teachings, which are applicable to everyone.
The Sound Temple, Sawyers Valley WA
$90 per person
Start: 10:00am (arrive from 9:45am)
Included: A delicious vegan, gluten-free Ayurvedic meal with endless cups of Ayurvedic approved refreshments
- For your yoga session we recommend that you come dressed in comfortable clothing suitable for laying down. Blankets, mattresses, bolsters and cushions are all provided for your comfort.
- Please wear shoes that are easy to slip off when you enter the temple.
- For your self-spa session, please bring 1-2 old towels and old socks that may become oily.
Dawn 0474 555 444
The Sound Temple - 100 Marshwood Pl, Sawyers Valley
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.