FACETS - by webinar
A Fatigue Management Program (6 classes)
Fridays, 1 November - 6 December 2019
10.00am - 11.30am (12.00pm finish for first class)
FACETS (Fatigue: Applying Cognitive behavioural and Energy Effectiveness Techniques to LifeStyle) is an evidence-based group program for people living with multiple sclerosis to support self-management of fatigue.
The program was developed in the United Kingdom by researchers from Bournemouth University and clinical staff from Poole Hospital.
The FACETS program incorporates ‘energy effectiveness’ techniques and ways of working that maximise the energy people have – alongside cognitive behavioural strategies, helping participants learn helpful ways of thinking about fatigue.
HOW WE CAN HELP
MS occupational therapists and nurses have been trained to deliver the FACETS program and will be offering face to face programs in Sydney and in Melbourne as well as this webinar.
FACETS Fatigue Management
- 6 sessions
- 1.5 hour sessions (2 hours on the first week)
- Weekly meetings
- Led by trained staff
- people who are living with multiple sclerosis
- life is impacted by fatigue
- able to walk independently, with or without a walking aid
The cost of the 6 week program, including workbook and all resources is $80 per person. Participants are encouraged to bring a family member or friend for the first session
This series is run by webinar so you can do it in the comfort of your own home. You will need a computer and internet connection.
- Friday 1 November, 10.00am - 12.00pm
- Friday 8 November, 10.00am - 11.30am
- Friday 15 November, 10.00am - 11.30am
- Friday 22 November, 10.00am - 11.30am
- Friday 29 November, 10.00am - 11.30am
- Friday 6 December, 10.00am - 11.30am
Education Team: email@example.com
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available