Duality - Talk Series
Hobby to side-hustle, Crossing Threads has evolved to a commercially viable business that services interior design firms and both domestic and international clientele. Featured in The Design Files, SBS Australia, ModernMet, In Her Studio and magazines such as Inside Out and Home Beautiful, the sisters have also recently collaborated with Wrangler Australia.
Join us for three afternoon talks and learn how you can elevate your art or creative practice to the next level:
1) The Power of Social Media & Storytelling
2) Lessons Learned Starting a Creative Business
3) Beyond the Studio: The Business Behind Being a Creative
The sisters candidly share their experience of working together and how they came to define their version of ‘success’.
Saturday 15th Feb 2020
The Power of Social Media & Storytelling
- How to create a strong brand & differentiate yourself
- Key messaging and consistency
- Tools to assist with engagement
- Social media calendar and key pillars for content
- How to use readily available tools to create content and convert
Saturday 22nd Feb 2020
Beyond the Studio: The Business Behind Being a Creative
- Knowing your purpose, brand and offering
- Understanding your client
- Identify your capacity and impact on current lifestyle
- Compromises required for new venture
- Support circle
- Transition plan
- Key business plan
Saturday 29th Feb 2020
Lessons Learned in Starting a Creative Business
- Website maintenance
- Client engagement and communication
- Commissioned work
- Tools to assist with time management
- Trademark registration & Intellectual Property
Talks begin at 1PM - be sure to arrive early to take your seat and enjoy the 'Duality' exhibition.
Gallery76, Embroiderers' Guild NSW
76 Queen St, Concord West, NSW 2138
|Saturday 15 February 2020 1:00 PM||“The Power of Social Media and Storytelling"||Closed||
|Saturday 22 February 2020 1:00 PM||“The lessons learned in starting a creative business”||Open||
|Saturday 29 February 2020 1:00 PM||“Beyond the studio: The business behind being a creative”||Open||
Saturday 15 February 2020 1:00 PM
“The Power of Social Media and Storytelling"
Saturday 22 February 2020 1:00 PM
“The lessons learned in starting a creative business”
Saturday 29 February 2020 1:00 PM
“Beyond the studio: The business behind being a creative”
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.