'LAST-SATURDAY' BIG SINGS 2020
Seven 'Big Sing' sessions run by Jane Christie-Johnston (Director, Sing For Your Life! Choir).
The 'Last-Saturday Big Sing' series has been created for people who:
- Are short on time and can't commit to a year of regular choir rehearsals, but who still want to sing;
- Are feeling sad that they missed out on joining the Sing For Your Life! Choir in 2019 or 2020 because it grew SO BIG!;
- Are keen to try singing in harmony with others but not feeling ready to join a choir;
- Are already in a choir but just want more, more, more singing (let's face it, who doesn't?!); or
- Enjoy singing without any pressure to perform.
As the name suggests, these Big Sing sessions will be held on the last Saturday in seven different months in 2020:
- Saturday 29 February
- Saturday 28 March - CANCELLED (COVID-19)
- Saturday 30 May - CANCELLED (COVID-19)
- Saturday 27 June - CANCELLED (COVID-19)
- Saturday 29 August
- Saturday 26 September
- Saturday 31 October
Note: Due to a scheduling clash the November Big Sing has been cancelled and bookings have been refunded - apologies for any inconvenience.
Each Big Sing session will follow the same format:
- Tickets are $25 ($20 concession) per person, per session.
- Sessions will all be 10.00am - 1.00pm (doors open from 9.30am).
- Every session will be at the Bellerive Uniting Church, cnr Cambridge Road and York Street, Bellerive.
- Every session will be run by Jane Christie-Johnston.
- We'll sing at least three songs at each session - new songs, old songs, different languages, greatest hits - whatever takes Jane's fancy for each session. Songs will be a cappella (no instruments), will feature great harmonies, and will be taught 'by ear' - there will be NO sheet music involved. Some of the songs will be gospel, though there is no religious element to these sessions.
- Each Big Sing includes a teabreak (teas/coffee/biscuits included in ticket price) - note that this is under review pending COVID-safe requirements.
- No experience is required, and there is no performance element to these sessions.
- These sessions are open to the public and each one is a 'stand-alone' session - so even if you can only come to one Saturday in the middle of the program, you won't be at any disadvantage on the day.
- Each session is limited to 35 participants and will be run in accordance with our COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Online ticket sales will close at 6.00pm the night before a session (earlier if sold out), with cash-only door sales available from 9.30am on the day if we're not sold out. If a session is sold out it will be made very clear on this ticketing site.
- Sessions are recommended for ages 13+. Under-18s must be accompanied by a paying+singing parent/guardian.
- Tickets are non-refundable and can't be transferred to another session date - but a ticket CAN be presented at the door by someone else (i.e. a ticket can be given away or sold by you if you find you can't make it to a booked session).
About Jane Christie-Johnston
Jane is the Director of the Sing For Your Life! Choir and the Ho-Ho-Hobart Christmas Choir. She loves bringing people together to sing, and she creates a welcoming and supportive singing environment in which worries are low and endorphins are high. She has been running public and community singing workshops across Tasmania for more than a decade. If you have any questions about these Big Sing sessions, you can email Jane at email@example.com.
Bellerive Uniting Church
Corner York Street and Cambridge Road, Bellerive , Tasmania 7018
|Saturday 29 August 2020 10:00 AM||Open||
|Saturday 26 September 2020 10:00 AM||Open||
|Saturday 31 October 2020 10:00 AM||Open||
Saturday 29 August 2020 10:00 AM
Saturday 26 September 2020 10:00 AM
Saturday 31 October 2020 10:00 AM
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.