Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Gift of Life - Melbourne
Gift of Life - Melbourne
GIFT OF LIFE AUSTRALIA
...one who saves a life saves an entire world...
VENUE:Beth Weizmann Community Centre
306 Hawthorn Road, Caulfield South VIC 3162
TUESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2017 4:00pm - 7:30pm
Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry (ABMDR)
The Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry manages and recruits donors who are willing to donate their bone marrow or blood stem cells to a transplant patient.
Each year, many people worldwide are diagnosed with cancer of the blood, such as leukaemia. Some of these patients can be treated with chemotherapy and/or radiation without requiring further treatment. Other patients do require further treatment. They may need a bone marrow/blood stem cell transplant. With a transplant, these patients have the best chance of achieving remission or, in some cases, a cure.
To join the Stem Cell/Bone Marrow Donor Registry you must be between 18 & 45 years of age and in good health.
Every Blood Donation saves 3 lives.
You are ineligible to join the Stem Cell/Bone Marrow Donor Registry if you:
- Have been diagnosed with or treated for cancer (except skin or testicular cancer) in the past five years.
- Have ever been diagnosed with leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma.
- Have a history of heart disease.
- Are a carrier of Hepatitis B.
- Are HIV positive or have AIDS or Hepatitis C.
- Are aware of anyone in your family who has or has EVER had Creutzfeldt Jacob Disease (CJD), Gerstmann-Straussler-Sheinker Syndrome (GSS) or Fatal Familial Insomnia (FFI).
- Have received injections of human growth hormone for short stature or human pituitary hormone for infertility prior to 1986.
- Had a surgical procedure involving head, brain or spinal cord between 1972-1989.
- Have ever received a transplant or graft (organ, cornea, bone etc).
- Have ever been an injecting drug user.
- Have had male-to-male sex in the past 12 months,
- Had sexual activity with a male who you think might be bisexual in the past 12 months.
- Have been a male or female sex worker in the past 12 months.
- Have engaged in sexual activity with a male or female sex worker in the past 12 months.
- Have been a sexual partner of an IV drug user or a bi-sexual male in the past 12 months.
- Have been injured with a used needle or received a blood/body fluid splash in the past 12 months.
- Had a tattoo within the past 12 months [though you can join the Registry now].
- Have been imprisoned in a prison or lock-up in the past 12 months.
- Have had a blood transfusion or have received blood products in the past 12 months.
For further information see
If you wish to know further information or have difficulties with the trybooking process, please contact Mordi Joseph 0490 332 415
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available