Be informed Briefing (VIC): Developments in Fire Design for Multi-Residential
Over the last five years, apartment fires, court judgments, inquiries and legislative reform have changed the way we design and build in the sector of mid-rise and high-rise multi residential. Polyethylene core aluminium composite panels are out – but what is taking their place?
Join us to find out more about the latest thinking, as Ari Akritidis (Building Surveyor, Akritidis Group), Nabeel Kurban (Fire Engineer, LCI) and Richard Choy (CEO, NATSPEC) draw on their experience for a panel discussion covering key questions such as:
• The role of the fire engineer and the building surveyor in assessing fire safety solutions
• What façade cladding solutions has the industry adopted in place of PE core aluminium composite panels?
• Are there other combustible materials we should be concerned about?
• Certification of products by manufacturers and suppliers
• Managing builder initiated product substitutions
• Are current codes, standards and legislation enough to drive the development of better products and materials?
Date: Wednesday 12 February 2020
Time: 5.00pm - 6.30pm (registration from 4.45pm)
Cost: General Admission $75. (Applicable discount codes to be applied at checkout.)
The Australian Institute of Architects
Level 2, 41 Exhibition Street
03 8508 5456
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available