Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
We strive to create safer communities by providing training to increase awareness and prevent suicide. Our highly experienced, registered trainers deliver the internationally recognised LivingWorks Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) workshop to equip individuals to assist those at risk of suicide to keep safe and access further support.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
- Understand the importance of establishing rapport
We deliver suicide prevention training workshops to mental health and welfare organisations, emergency services, community groups, corporate businesses and individuals.
Training is delivered at our facilities in Hawthorn East, or we can come to your office if you have suitable facilities, for larger group bookings.
|Wednesday 15 April 2020 8:30 AM - Thursday 16 April 2020 4:30 PM||12 Available||
|Monday 15 June 2020 8:30 AM - Tuesday 16 June 2020 4:30 PM||13 Available||
|Wednesday 26 August 2020 8:30 AM - Thursday 27 August 2020 4:30 PM||15 Available||
|Thursday 12 November 2020 8:30 AM - Friday 13 November 2020 4:30 PM||15 Available||
Wednesday 15 April 2020 8:30 AM - Thursday 16 April 2020 4:30 PM
Monday 15 June 2020 8:30 AM - Tuesday 16 June 2020 4:30 PM
Wednesday 26 August 2020 8:30 AM - Thursday 27 August 2020 4:30 PM
Thursday 12 November 2020 8:30 AM - Friday 13 November 2020 4:30 PM
The Cairnmillar Institute
391-393 Tooronga Road, Hawthorn East, VIC 3123
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.