Compelling characters are essential to every story.
In this course, Lauren Clarke dives into the mechanics of what makes your characters tick and how to ensure you have characters readers love (or love to hate). Lauren has been editing books for independent and traditionally published authors for more than 10 years, some NY Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestsellers amongst them. She has a workbook titled The Novel Handbook that dives into the crafting of character, a subject that Lauren is passionate about.
- Develop their character-to-reader connection skills
- Find their protagonists’ perfect matches, romantic and otherwise
- Establish a strong dialect for their characters and work out how much to use it
- Lock in a solid goal, motivation and conflict for their protagonists
- Work out how much of the character to put on the page
- And more.
Hours of Commitment
Approx. one hour per week, with the opportunity for more – there are bonuses available
Lauren Clarke is an editor, coach and teacher for traditional and independent authors. She works with a range of authors, some USA Today, New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers amongst them. You can find out more at https://www.creatingink.com/
Course Dates: 6th April to 1st May 2020
Cost: RWA-Member – $55.00 Non RWA-Member – $88.00
* Please note, there is a $0.50 Trybooking fee at checkout.
Venue: Online - RWA Moodle Platform
(Course attendees will be notified of access/login details via email from the OWL Registrar a few days prior to the start date of the course)
RWA OWL Courses PO Box Q740 Queen Victoria Building NSW 1230
Contact Details: Debbie Deasey OWL Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.