FACETS - by webinar
A Fatigue Management Program (6 classes)
Wednesdays, 19 February to 25 March 2020
6.00pm to 7.30pm (8.00pm finish for first class)
FACETS (Fatigue: Applying Cognitive behavioural and Energy Effectiveness Techniques to LifeStyle) is an evidence-based group program for people living with multiple sclerosis to support self-management of fatigue.
The program was developed in the United Kingdom by researchers from Bournemouth University and clinical staff from Poole Hospital.
The FACETS program incorporates ‘energy effectiveness’ techniques and ways of working that maximise the energy people have – alongside cognitive behavioural strategies, helping participants learn helpful ways of thinking about fatigue.
HOW WE CAN HELP
MS occupational therapists and nurses have been trained to deliver the FACETS program and will be offering face to face programs in Sydney and in Melbourne as well as this webinar.
FACETS Fatigue Management
- 6 sessions
- Includes self-directed activities (completed in your own time)
- 1.5 hour sessions (2 hours on the first week)
- Weekly meetings
- Led by trained staff
- people who are living with multiple sclerosis
- life is impacted by fatigue
- able to walk independently, with or without a walking aid
The cost of the 6-week program, including workbook and all resources is $80* per person. Participants are encouraged to have a family member or friend alongside them for the first session.
*You may be eligible to access NDIS funding for this program. Speak with your Local Area Coordinator or your Support Coordinator.
This series is run by webinar so you can do it in the comfort of your own home. You will need a computer and internet connection.
- Wednesday 19 February, 6.00pm - 8.00pm
- Wednesday 26 February, 6.00pm - 7.30pm
- Wednesday 4 March 6.00pm - 7.30pm
- Wednesday 11 March 6.00pm - 7.30pm
- Wednesday 18 March 6.00pm - 7.30pm
- Wednesday 25 March 6.00pm - 7.30pm
FACETS Team: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available