The Wisdom of Life - Ayurveda (CANCELLED)
Winter is the perfect time to take a sneak peek at our Lifestyle and explore the aspects of Nourishment. Meta joins us to bring her wealth of knowledge to us through ‘A Day of Ayurveda’ with an inspiring day of yoga, breathing, meditation and some cooking.
Thousands of years before modern medicine provided scientific evidence for the mind-body connection, the sages of India developed Ayurveda, which continues to be one of the world’s most sophisticated and powerful mind-body health systems.
More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge). It offers a body of wisdom designed to help people stay vibrant and healthy while realising their full human potential.
Health is fostered through the informed interaction of the individual with their diet, mental process, lifestyle and environment. Ayurveda teaches us how to sustain what is inborn: health in the individual, in society and for the planet. It enhances our connection to nature, the five elements and the vastness of life.
With a variety of experiential practices, you will have a platform to learn why by doing.
During the day you will have the opportunity to:
- Explore Lifestyle with yoga asanas, breathing, meditation, chanting and partial self-massage
- Explore Nourishment where you will prepare vegetable khichuri for lunch
- Explore and understand the Basic Concepts of Ayurveda
- Explore Mental Processes followed by Question and Answer time
Meta Doherty is an IYTA (Australia) Yoga Teacher, Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultant and author of two books – Sattwa Café and Ayurvedic Forever Wellbeing, A Treasury of Holistic Recommendations. Over the past 20 years, Meta has lived and celebrated the exquisite nature of these traditional teachings, which are applicable to everyone.
The Sound Temple, Sawyers Valley WA
$120 per person - This is a ticketed event, no door sales available.
Start: 10:00am (arrive from 9:45am)
Included: A delicious Ayurvedic meal, morning and afternoon tea with endless cups of refreshments
- For your yoga session we recommend that you come dressed in comfortable clothing suitable for laying down. Blankets, mattresses, bolsters and cushions are all provided for your comfort.
- Please wear shoes that are easy to slip off when you enter the space and bring an old towel and socks.
The Sound Temple 0474 555 444
The Sound Temple - 100 Marshwood Pl, Sawyers Valley
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.