Lyn Stone - Dyslexia and dysgraphia workshop
Step by step, we will cover:
- The definition of dyslexia with examples
- The definition of dysgraphia with examples
- Underlying processes like memory, processing speed and attention
- Ways to communicate about these things with children
- Ways to communicate about these things with other educators
- Practical tips for help with both
- Resources to screen for, assess and monitor achievement and progress in students
- Resources to assist with building student capacity, whatever their profile
- Lyn will present short, interactive talks on all subjects, supported by presentations, work samples and videos.
- Attendees will be given handouts on paper and digitally.
- There will be a sample table containing many of the books, games and resources Lyn refers to in the workshop.
- There will be generous scope for questions and answers.
- teacher aides
- education professionals
“We are all working at the coalface, but I’m the one looking after the canaries. What doesn’t work in education hits my dyslexic and dysgraphic students harder and faster.” Lyn Stone
About Lyn Stone
Lyn Stone is a linguist and author and runs Lifelong Literacy, a specialist education consultancy in Mornington, Victoria. Lyn’s training includes Lindamood LiPS, Spalding, Cued Articulation, Read Write Inc., Explicit Direct Instruction, Little Learners Love Literacy, Sounds Write and Auslan, all of which help her and her staff bring literacy to children and adults with learning difficulties.
Lyn also writes courses, trains teachers and consults to schools and the media on matters of literacy and language. She is particularly active in dyslexia advocacy, and is a key member of Code Read Dyslexia Network, an Educational Professional Member of the Australian Dyslexia Association, and a Speech Pathology Industry Advisory Board Member at the Graduate School of Health, University of Technology, Sydney.
Her three books, Spelling for Life, Language for Life and Reading for Life have been well received by educators worldwide.
For more information visit Lyn's website - https://lifelongliteracy.com/.
Not a member of Square Pegs? Join today, enjoy our member discounts and support our work to improve outcomes for children with dyslexia and other learning differences. https://www.squarepegstas.org/shop
Hobart, venue to be confirmed
Morning tea and lunch included.
Please email Square Pegs firstname.lastname@example.org if you have dietary requirements.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.