Stand-Up Comedy for Beginners and the Terrified
ONLINE WORKSHOP with Gavin Baskerville
Gavin Baskerville's popular comedy workshop is on again - and this time he's going global, running sessions online via Zoom.
Workshop Option 1: Four Saturday mornings, 10.30am - 12.00noon, starting Sat 16 May
Workshop Option 2: Four Tuesday evenings, 7.00pm - 8.30pm, starting Tue 19 May
An invitation to the Zoom workshop event will be sent to participants before each session.
Registration fee: $120 per person
As a professional comedian and co-producer of Hobart’s Jokers Comedy Club, Gavin Baskerville has been teaching stand-up comedy for over a decade, to Adult Education course participants, students, corporate groups and a wide range of other people who are keen to learn more about the 'finer art' of stand-up comedy.
After more than twenty years as a comedy performer, writer and producer in the Australian comedy industry, including several years performing onboard cruise ships (though he's currently 'on a break' from that ...), Gavin has seen it all – the good, the bad and the ugly – and now you can benefit from his experience and expertise in a workshop setting. The workshop program explores everything from writing jokes and creating routines to performance techniques and effective stagecraft, and the course is designed to inspire, motivate and challenge you.
Workshop highlights will include learning to write your own jokes, learning about how comedians 'do what they do', turning your life experiences into comedy routines, learning from a professional comedian with extensive festival, corporate and club performing experience, and kick-starting your own comedy career.
Registration fee includes:
- Four workshop sessions EITHER on Saturday mornings or on Tuesday evenings (choose when you purchase your registration)
- Course notes (emailed to you).
- Maximum group size of five participants.
For more information about the workshop:
Phone Gavin on 0427 726 123
We'll send you an email a couple of days before the session with a reminder and the Zoom event link/password.
Note: This workshop is recommended for ages 17+.
For more information about Gavin Baskerville:
This workshop is presented by Ta-Daa! Professional Entertainment and Gavin Baskerville.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Registrations are non-refundable but you can transfer your booking to another person. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the day before your first workshop session, and let us know the name, email address and phone number of the person who will be taking your place.
2. You're responsible for sorting out any technological issues at your end. The workshop will be presented using a high quality webcam and a separate high quality microphone. You'll need to ensure that you can run Zoom on your computer/device and that your audio and video quality are suitable for the purposes of learning via this format.
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available