The Importance of Literacy and Language Development
For every person, literacy is an important life skill. It is a foundation for many of our activities each day - including education and social connections. For individuals with complex communication needs, literacy is also an important skill. For individuals who are just learning to communicate, literacy activities are a valuable addition to their day as regular participation in reading books with adults has been shown to have great outcomes in many areas, including vocabulary development, joint attention, and, of course, literacy skills. Early writing has been shown to help individuals develop their narrative skills - beginning at the simplest level.
This presentation will discuss why all individuals should participate in literacy instruction and the value of literacy instruction for every emergent literacy learner and emergent communicator - at any age.
JOIN US LIVE: On Friday 6 November 2020 at 10:00am AEST
A replay will be available for 30 days following the live session.
Terms and Conditions
- A web link and unique access code will be provided to the attendee email entered upon registration 24 hours prior to the event. Where registrations are made less than 24 hours prior to the event, a web link and unique access code will be provided one hour before the event.
- Illume Learning takes no responsibility for emails not received due to errors or typos. Attendees should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the event a web link is not received 24 hours prior to commencement.
- Webinar replays will be available for 30 days from the live session. No extensions will be available. Refunds will not be offered in the event of non-attendance.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com
- Cancellations received more than 48 hours prior to the event commencement will be entitled to a refund of the online event fee minus a $15 administration fee
- Cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the event commencement will not be eligible for a refund.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.