ORCV Weather for Sailors Course
Module 1 The Fundamentals
Over 3 nights, this online course covers the fundamentals of weather including:
- Fundamentals of weather terminology.
- The Barometer
- Vectors in sailing
- Weather systems, Global mechanisms
- The forecasting process, the weather map,
- Weather information, how to read and use it.
- Weather Warnings
- Waves & Tides
- An introduction to Clouds and their signs.
- Gusts, lulls, and coriolis.
- Sea breezes-local- -autumn, winter, summer. Land breezes, katabatics.
- Topography, land effects & Bathymmetry
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites to attending this course
Cost: $150 per person non member, $127.50 per person ORCV Member
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.