ORCV Weather for Sailors Course
Module 3 Advanced Weather
Over 2 nights, this online course looks at planning for a much longer voyages where a high degree of self sufficiency is required. For those considering a Trans Oceanic passage this course is a must and includes:
- Planning,-wind roses-world circulations,trades-Internet sites
- Seasonal variations and timing-monsoon
- The Gradient wind analysis
- Ocean circulations
- Gribs-w/fx-polar maps, Satellite pictures.
- Time limitations
- Bathymetry-undersea mounts,-currents
- Continent influences-southern/ northern hemisphere
- Technology-prediction programs etc w/fx-sailmail-comms-HF cf sat phones, Predict wind, windy, expedition
Pre-requisites: A sound understanding of both the Fundamental and Intermediate course content is a must to attend this course.
Cost: $150 per person non member, $127.50 per person ORCV Member
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.