Chant des Catacombes
The Short and Sweet Cabaret Festival winner will take cabaret underground in this new promenade theatrical experience.
CHANTS DES CATACOMBES is a filthy little story about a showgirl, a surgeon and a courtesan. The innocence of each has been stripped. For these three women history has turned its page, and they’re now entombed creatures of the catacombs.
This promenade piece of theatre will inhabit the basement of the gorgeous Donkey Wheel House building, showcasing this Venetian Gothic architectural marvel. This production will be an entire sensory experience.
Chants Des Catacombs is the brainchild of Anna Boulic, a NIDA trained voice teacher, harpist and singer, who developed a ten-minute version alongside theatre director Bryce Ives which won last year’s Short and Sweet Cabaret Festival.
This new cabaret experience mixes the styles of musical theatre, vaudeville, burlesco, indie pop, hip-hop and the macabre. This production is a collaboration of nine outstanding artists:
- Nicola Andrews (Lighting Designer and VCA Design Graduate)
- Anna Boulic (Winner of the 2010 Short and Sweet Cabaret Festival, Harpist and NIDA Graduate)
- Laura Burzacott (Call Girl the Musical and I Heart Frankston)
- Nathan Gilkes (Theatre & Opera Director and VCA Directing Graduate)
- David Harford (Choreographer and Ballarat Arts Academy Graduate)
- Bryce Ives (Theatre Director Call Girl the Musical, The History Boys and I Heart Frankston)
- Emma Leah (Scent Alchemist and Perfumer at Fleurage Perfumery)
- Zoe McDonald (Wrong Town and VCA Musical Theatre Graduate)
- Sophie Woodward (Designer and VCA Graduate)
- Donkey Wheel House, 673 Bourke Street Melbourne
- Friday 17th of June at 10.30pm
- Saturday 18th of June at 10.30pm
- Sunday 19th of June at 8pm
- One hour, with no interval
- $30 Adult
- $25 Concession/ Student
- http://www.trybooking.com/9503 or at the door