Anxiety is here to stay!
- ANXIETY IS HERE TO STAY!
UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORTING CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE WITH ANXIETY
- DATE: Thursday, 16 March 2017
- PRESENTED BY: Jules Haddock (The Anxious Bird)
- SUITABLE FOR: Parents, grandparents, carers, educators and anyone working with primary and secondary school aged children.
- COST: Free*
- *Attendance certificates are available to educators on request for $10 each.
Please select this option when booking.
- Stress and anxiety are a part of everyday life and serve a sound purpose in how we manage the world. Stress however, can become so chronic, that it can develop into a crippling anxiety disorder, often without prior awareness.
- Learning outcomes:
- - Understanding the relationship between stress and anxiety
- - Demystify anxiety disorders as treatable illnesses
- - Discuss signs and symptoms
- - Practical strategies in supporting a child to understand and manage their anxiety within a recovery context
- - Explore support and self-management strategies in dealing with anxiety over a life time
20 Brentnall Road, Croydon Vic 3136
Please visit Maroondah City Council for full details on the 2017 Parent Education Program