Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Anxiety is here to stay!
- ANXIETY IS HERE TO STAY!
UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORTING CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE WITH ANXIETY
- DATE: Thursday, 16 March 2017
- PRESENTED BY: Jules Haddock (The Anxious Bird)
- SUITABLE FOR: Parents, grandparents, carers, educators and anyone working with primary and secondary school aged children.
- COST: Free*
- *Attendance certificates are available to educators on request for $10 each.
Please select this option when booking.
- Stress and anxiety are a part of everyday life and serve a sound purpose in how we manage the world. Stress however, can become so chronic, that it can develop into a crippling anxiety disorder, often without prior awareness.
- Learning outcomes:
- - Understanding the relationship between stress and anxiety
- - Demystify anxiety disorders as treatable illnesses
- - Discuss signs and symptoms
- - Practical strategies in supporting a child to understand and manage their anxiety within a recovery context
- - Explore support and self-management strategies in dealing with anxiety over a life time
20 Brentnall Road, Croydon Vic 3136
Please visit Maroondah City Council for full details on the 2017 Parent Education Program
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available