Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Play-based learning and intentional teaching
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SESSION IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
(If you previously entered your details on the waitlist, you have been sent an email with details on how to book.
Please proceed to "book now" with the invitation code you have been provided)
To express interest in future sessions with this Presenter, please email:
- DATE: Tuesday 27 June 2017
- PRESENTED BY: Professor Susan Edwards
COST: $35 per person
SUITABLE FOR: Educators working in Early Childhood Services
- Play-based learning is a cornerstone of early childhood education provision. Play provides opportunities for young children to explore ideas, experiement with materials and express new understandings. International and national research highlights the value of sustained and reflective interactions between children and educators in promoting chidren's learning.
This presentation reaches beyond binary constructs of play and intentional teaching, and invites consideration of a new Pedagogical Play-framework for inspiring pedagogical and curriculum innovation in the early years.
- - Understand the relationship between open-ended play and intentional teaching
- - Consider the role of the Pedagogical Play-framework in play-based learning with young children
Please visit Maroondah City Council for full details on the professional learning program:
- Karralyka Centre
Mines Road, Ringwood, Vic 3134
Phone: 9294 5740
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available