Speak Up - Understanding child abuse and your response
- DATE: Thursday, 2 November 2017
- PRESENTED BY: Child Wise
COST: $35 per person
- SUITABLE FOR: Educators working in Early Childhood or Primary School Aged Services.
- Speak Up is an innovative and unique training that aims to provide a greater awareness and understanding of child abuse. Adapted from Child Wise's award winning programs, and supplemented by evidence from national and international research. Speak Up focuses on how to prevent, recognise and respond to instances of child abuse.
- - What is child abuse?
- - What are the indicators of abuse?
- - Offender behaviour and the 'grooming' process
- - Prevention and risk managment
- - Reporting concerns
- - Talking to children about protective behaviours and personal safety.
- - How to recognise the behavioural indicators of child abuse in children.
- - Understanding how child sex offenders can target children and form special relationships with them.
- - Reporting child abuse - HOW WHY and WHAT is your responsibility.
- Maroondah City Council City Offices
Braeside Ave, Ringwood, Vic 3134
Phone: 9294 5740
Please visit Maroondah City Council for full details of the professional learning program: