SIMULATION INSTRUCTOR TRAINING:
This is a comprehensive simulation instructor training program designed to equip healthcare professionals and educators with a strong foundation to develop and build core skills necessary to implement effective simulation education programs to optimise learning. Experiential learning opportunities offer a rich environment to practice technical and teamwork strategies known to improve patient safety. This program explores key elements of simulation education including preparation of the learner, scenario design and delivery methods to enhance engagement, and feedback and debriefing techniques to promote reflective learning and improve future performance. Key concepts from Human Factors Science in Healthcare will be incorporated, along with Crisis Resource Management discussion techniques. The program includes effective pedagogical practices and approaches that have been built around a strong evidence base.
Program at a Glance
This is a hands-on, experiential program. Participants will be engaged in a wide variety of activities to enhance and develop their skills in simulation education.
The following core topics will be covered:
- Use of simulation techniques to optimising learning:
- Considerations and responsibilities of the instructor.
- Preparing and scaffolding the adult learner:
- Ways to optimise learner relevance and engagement.
- Introduction to Human Factors in Healthcare:
- Techniques to facilitate Crisis Resource Management principles and non-technical skills discussions.
- Scenario Design & Delivery: Tailoring scenario delivery method to the learner group, creating relevant learning objectives and scenarios.
- Facilitation of ‘Pause and Discuss’ Simulation Scenarios.
- Facilitation of ‘Fully Immersive’ Scenarios.
- Feedback and Debriefing: Techniques and strategies to maximise learner engagement, optimise reflective learning and facilitate robust discussions for preparation of future performance.
A two-day program (8am - 5pm). Registrants are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to program commencement.
The program is fully catered for. Please inform us of any special dietary requirements in advance so your request can be catered for.
Program Fees (incl GST)
$2,600 for Medical Consultants
$700 Nurses, Allied Health Specialties, Paramedics & Medical Trainees, University Academics
Monash Simulation Monash Health
823 – 865 Centre Rd., Bentleigh East VIC 3165
Phone: +61 3 9928 8314 Fax: +61 3 9928 8400