FOCCUS Facilitator Training
Marriage Education is NOT counselling. It is a practice discipline which aims to assist and support couples to develop healthy, flourishing marriages, through personal and couple reflection. Marriage Educators work with couples to build on their existing relationship skills and learn new ones.
- * An ability to relate to couples in a sensitive, caring, non-judgemental and appropriate manner. This may require the ability to put aside one's own agenda.
- * A background in adult education, social sciences, or relevant life experiences that have developed competencies that would prove that person suitable to work with couples who are in relationship or who are contemplating marriage.
- * An ability to respect confidentiality and an awareness of the confidentiality requirements of the FOCCUS programme and of the Agency or Parish.
- * A willingness to undertake appropriate levels of training, supervision, in-service and professional development, as deemed necessary by the FOCCUS trainer. A willingness to take responsibility for one's own ongoing learning to ensure high levels of knowledge and skills are maintained.
- * The ability to recognise the limits of expertise, and to seek support and referral where and when necessary.
- * An understanding of the nature and dynamics of healthy, functional marital and family relationships.
- * A genuine interest in and positive attitude towards the value and importance of strengthening marriage, relationships and family life through the provision of quality relationship education and enrichment.
- * A commitment to respect the philosophy of FOCCUS, and to work within the ethical standards and guidelines of the FOCCUS programme, as required by the authors of FOCCUS and outlined in the training process.
Centacare FRS - Fortitude Valley Venue
58 Morgan Street , Fortitude Valley, Brisbane , QLD (adjacent to St Patrick's Church) 4006
* An admistration fee of $25.00 will be incurred for all cancellations.
* No refund will be provided for cancellations within seven (7) days or should a delegate fail to attend training.
* Centacare reserves the right to cancel training events, if insufficient registrations for an event are received.
* Registrations will be refunded in full should training event be cancelled.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.