Print & retain ticket for verification on market day. Go directly to your stall, do not queue up. This ticket entitles the bearer to occupy one (1) stall space at the Bentleigh Sunday Market for the stall number & date indicated.
THE ROTARY CLUB OF BENTLEIGH MOORABBIN CENTRAL INC. A0026789D ('the Club') BENTLEIGH SUNDAY MARKET ('the Market') Car Park at 1-5 Bent Street, Bentleigh ('the Car Park')
1. TRADING HOURS: The Market trading hours are 7am - 12 Noon. Stall sites may be occupied from 6am for set up. Stall sites not occupied by 7am may be forfeited at the discretion of the Club. Stall sites must be packed up and the Car Park vacated by 1pm.
2. CATEGORIES OF GOODS PERMITTED FOR SALE: Traders are permitted to sell second-hand goods; goods made by the trader; goods of a non-commercial nature; or goods purchased from commercial wholesalers but which are inferior to those that would normally be sold by retailers (e.g. seconds, damaged or redundant stock).
3. GOODS NOT PERMITTED FOR SALE: Traders are not permitted to sell food, beverages (alcoholic or otherwise) confectionery, consumable organic products of any description (including e-cigarettes), cut flowers, animals, poisonous products, prescription medication, illegal or offensive items, firearms, ammunition, explosives, weapons, dangerous or counterfeit goods.
4. SECOND-HAND GOODS: Traders of second-hand goods must register with Consumer Affairs Victoria or risk a fine. This does not apply to the sale of personal possessions. Traders selling second-hand electrical equipment must attach a label stating that the equipment is second-hand and has been inspected and tested, and is compliant with AS/NZS 3760, or If it has not been tested, it must include a clear statement on the label stating the equipment is second-hand, with additional words as follows: “Danger-Do Not Use or Connect To Supply- This second hand electrical equipment may be faulty and should be inspected and tested by a competent person in accordance with AS/NZS 3760”
5.1 Traders must comply with all relevant laws and any requirement of any authority in connection with the Market & the traders' use of the stall sites.
5.2 Traders must comply with all directions given by Club staff or volunteers.
6. AGENT: The Club is not an agent for any trader and accepts no responsibility for any transaction entered into by or on behalf of traders at the Market.
7. DISPUTES: The Club reserves the right to determine any dispute between traders in so far as any such dispute is in connection with the Market or the use and occupation of stall sites and/or Car Park.
8. RELEASE: The trader uses and occupies the Market and/or Car Park and/or the stall site allocated to him or her at his or her own risk and releases the Club from all claims resulting from any damage, loss, death or injury in connection with the use and occupation of the Market and/or Car Park and/or stall site except to the extent that the Club is negligent.
9. INDEMNITY: The trader must indemnify and hold harmless the Club and its members, staff and volunteers, against all claims resulting from any damage, loss, death or injury in connection with the Market and/or Car Park and/or stall site and the use and occupation of the Market/and or Car Park and/or stall site by the trader except to the extent that the Club is negligent.
10. MARKETING: The Club reserves the right to publish photographic images of traders and/or their stall sites taken at the Market for use in their promotional material.
11. RUBBISH: Traders must keep their stall sites and the surrounding areas free from rubbish and litter at all times. All rubbish and unsold goods must be removed from the Market and/or Car Park and must not be disposed of in shop bins.
12. PARKING: Traders may park vehicles within the stall site allocated to them or in designated on-street parking spaces in the locality of the Car Park. Vehicles must not be parked in vacant stall sites.
13. VEHICLES: Traders are not permitted to move vehicles into or out of the Car Park between 7am and 12 Noon unless as directed to by Club or Market staff. Refer to item 20.2 regarding vehicular movement during adverse weather.
14. SMOKING: Smoking is not permitted in or at stall sites.
15. ANIMALS: Animals are not permitted in the Market other than guide dogs.
16. CONDUCT: Traders must behave with courtesy and respect towards members of the public, other traders and Club staff and volunteers.
17. CRIMINAL OFFENCES: Traders that are suspected of committing a criminal offence will be reported to the police.
18. USE OF STALL SITES: Traders may only operate within their allocated stall site. The use of walk ways between stall sites and vacant stall sites for the placing or storage goods is not permitted.
19. CANCELLATIONS/RE-LOCATIONS: The Club expressly reserves the right to cancel any booking of a stall site and/or reallocate a stall site irrespective of the stall site number indicated on a trader's ticket in circumstances where the Club considers a booking or allocation to be detrimental to the Market or the Car Park or to other traders, or if vehicles are parked in booked stall site(s). The Club also reserves the right to cancel any booking in circumstances where a trader has submitted false or misleading information. If the Club cancels a booking a refund will be given of any stall site fees paid.
20. ADVERSE WEATHER:
20.1 The Club will operate the Market in a variety of adverse weather conditions and Club staff or volunteers will remain in attendance irrespective of adverse conditions. Traders are advised to bring their own protection against the elements.
20.2 In the event of continuous rain or other severe weather conditions, however, traders must decide by 8.30am if they wish to continue to trade. If traders opt to leave the Market, they must vacate the Car Park by 9 am. There will be no refunds, discounts or exchanges other than for hire fees for tables and racks. If traders opt to continue to trade, their vehicles must remain until 12 Noon. Traders without vehicles in the Market are may leave any time.
21. BREACH: Any breach of these Conditions by the trader may, at the option of the Club, result in the booking and/or allocation of a stall site being withdrawn and/or further bookings of stall sites not being accepted.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.