The following terms and conditions must be observed by all participants:
1. I acknowledge and consent to the Zimele Walkathon organisers using my name, photographs, and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that the event organiser and event sponsors may use the images and my name for promotional or other purposes at any time, by any form of media without my further consent being necessary. These photographs and electronic images may also be used by the Edmund Rice Foundation and St. Kevin's College. The event organiser is not responsible for photographs and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of the event organiser.
2. I acknowledge that the event Zimele Walkathon involves physical exertion and I accept and understand that I am solely responsible for my own level of fitness and personal ability to participate in the event.
3. If, as a result of my participation in the event, I am required to undergo or receive medical treatment, then I consent to the Zimele Walkathon team providing and/or requesting medical treatment which the Zimele Walkathon team deems to be reasonable and necessary in the circumstances. I accept that I am responsible for advising the Zimele Walkathon team of any reason or reasons why I should not receive medical treatment or assistance if required.
4. I acknowledge and accept that participation in the Zimele Walkathon endurance walk fundraising event has risks of dehydration, accidents with other entrants, spectators or road users, course or weather conditions and other causes.
5. I agree that it is a termed condition of my entry into Zimele Walkathon walk fundraising event, that the Zimele Walkathon and its directors, officers, servants, agents, members, sponsors, organisers, successors and assigns are absolved and released from all liability, however arising, for any injury or damage, however caused, (including death) that I suffer in relation to my participation in that event.
6. I agree to provide in writing my medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of participating, despite these conditions.
7. I release and forever discharge the Zimele Walkathon and its directors, officers, servants, agents, members, sponsors, organisers, successors and assigns from: all actions, proceedings, claims or demands; or losses, damages, penalties, costs and expenses, that I may have or may have had, but for this release, in connection with my participation in the endurance walk/event Zimele Walkathon.
8. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
9. My registration is not transferable to other people. If I am unable to participate, or if the event is cancelled by way of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, my registration fee is non-refundable.
10. Event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
11. I agree that if the event is cancelled due to storm, heavy rain, inclement weather, winds or other “Act of God” conditions or safety concerns, my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
12. I confirm that I have read and fully understood this document and I understand that, in signing the appropriate Registration Form and Terms and Conditions Form, I am agreeing to the terms and conditions set out in this document and that I waive my rights to sue for any liability on the part of the Zimele Walkathon and it's directors, officers, servants, agents, members, sponsors, organisers, successors and assigns.
13. I acknowledge that a failure to comply with the above terms and conditions may prohibit my participation in the event here after.
14. I acknowledge that I have the ability to either accept or reject this release, however, if I reject to sign the Registration Form and Term and Conditions Form, I accept and understand that I cannot participate in the Zimele Walkathon endurance walk fundraising event.
15. Any person under the age of 18 years must have their parent or guardian sign the Registration and Term and Conditions Form to participate in the Zimele Walkathon endurance walk fundraising event.
16. The Zimele Walkathon team reserves the right to refuse entry/registration/participation to any individual or group on the basis of potential reputational risk to the organization or event.
17. This ticket is also your Tax Receipt. Please keep for taxation purposes as copies cannot be issued. Please note that the purchase of T-Shirts and other merchandise is not tax deductible.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.