CONDITIONS OF TICKET PURCHASE
By purchasing a ticket to a performance presented by Opera North West Limited (ACN 122 172 570) (Opera North West) you agree to the following terms and conditions (including on behalf of any person to whom you give or sell a ticket and any person on whose behalf you purchase a ticket).
1. Except as required by law, once purchased, No refunds or exchange of tickets are permitted.
2. Opera North West may, without notice, change the programme, performers, starting time and venue of a performance (an Event), including as a result of illness, indisposition, accident or other mishap, weather and/or safety concerns.
3. Bookings are subject to availability.
4. The following are strictly prohibited at any Event:
a. using flash photography during performances;
b. using selfie-sticks, tripods, monopods and similar photographic equipment; and
c. taking film or video footage or making sound recordings performances.
5. Where Opera North West’s liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, its liability is limited to the minimum permitted by law.
6. Opera North West may vary these terms and conditions at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the “Opera in the Paddock” website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
7. If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of the invalidity and the rest of these terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
8. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state in relation to any claim, demand or proceeding you may have or bring, including in relation to:
a. your purchase of tickets for an Event; or
b. Opera North West (including its staff, agents and contractors).
9. You will follow all directions from Opera North West staff, volunteers and contractors and/or other venue staff in relation to the use of amenities and behaviour before, during and after an Event.
10. Except as required by law, if an Event is postponed or cancelled Opera North West will not be liable for:
a. Any consequential loss, damage, injury, delays, additional expenses or inconvenience (including any travel and/or accommodation costs); or
b. Try booking's booking fee.
11. Opera North West and venue staff, agents and contractors reserve the right to refuse you entry or to ask you to leave the premises (or to have you removed) if Opera North West, in its sole discretion, decides that you are adversely affected by alcohol or drugs, are inappropriately dressed or you are otherwise behaving in a way that is reasonably likely to interfere with performers, with Opera North West staff, volunteers or contractors or with the enjoyment of other ticket holders. No refunds will be issued in such cases.
12. Opera North West may charge an administration fee to replace any lost, stolen, misplaced or substantially damaged ticket.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.