(You must SIGN as recognition you have read and understood this waiver)
WARNING: THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT AND A CONTRACT WHICH AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS
I agree to participate at the Tinaroo Barra Bash 2019 Catch & Release Competition, or events, in which I am entering, on the following basis:
1. By participating I accept all risks necessarily from my participation which would result in loss of life or permanent injury.
• Accordingly, I release all people associated with the conduct of events from, and will indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence) libel, slander, loss, damage, negligence, injury, harm or death for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in events.
• For clarification, the people released include event organisers, promoters, sponsors, managers, Tinaroo Barra Bash Committee, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and volunteers, including event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity continue forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns. These terms do not operate to exclude any provision of the Australian Consumer Law that applies and cannot be excluded by agreement.
2. I acknowledge that such events involve the real risk of injury or risk of death from various causes, including over-exertion, equipment failure, drowning, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators and water users, and weather conditions, just to name a few.
3. I understand that I should not participate in events unless I have prepared appropriately and my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner, who has not advised me otherwise.
4. I warrant that I will inspect the event arena and all fixtures, fittings, equipment, goods, apparatus or other things supplied, provided or used in or related to the conduct of the Event (‘Event Staging Area’) and agree that I will not participate in the Event unless I am completely satisfied with the adequacy and condition of the Event Staging Area.
5. I understand that the information I have provided herein will be included in a Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition database. I also understand that information of a biographical nature including my name, date of birth, home State, results career highlights and interests may be released to the media in response to general requests.
6. I understand that compulsory insurance cover affected for participants in events and training does not cover me for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me, e.g. heart failure, muscle fatigue and boat accidents.
7. The sanctioning process undertaken by Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition and safety precautions undertaken by event organisers (such as weather supervision, competition safety briefings, boat safety checks) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
8. I agree to abide by all the Rules of Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition which relate, in part, to safe and fair sporting practices.
9. I agree to abide by the Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition and I agree that I will abide by the rules and conditions of the Event, including those instructions in any literature or verbal or written form.
10. I hereby agree that in the event of a competition cancellation due to storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or other ‘Act of God’ conditions, my entry fee shall be non-refundable in part or full.
11. I acknowledge that my entry fee is non-refundable under the statutes of Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition and that should I wish to withdraw from the competition, an administration fee will be charged. I have made myself familiar with the Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition.
12. *I certify that I am 18 years of age or older, or that I am the parent/guardian of the athlete competing and I have read this document and fully understand it.
13. I hereby consent and authorise Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition to take photographs or motion pictures of me; or to produce videotapes, audiotapes, closed circuit television programs, web casts, or other types of media productions that capture my name, voice, and/or image (any of the foregoing types of media are called the “Materials” in this Consent and Release form).
• I authorise Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition to copyright the Materials, and I authorise Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition to use, reuse, copy, publish, display, exhibit, reproduce, license to third party, and distribute the Materials in any educational or promotional materials or other forms of media, which may include, but are not limited to catalogues, articles, magazines, sales brochures, websites or publications, electronic or otherwise, without notifying me.
• I also agree that Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition may identify me by name, and such other identifying information.
• I agree that I am participating on a voluntary basis and I will not receive any payment from Tinaroo Barra Bash Catch & Release Competition for signing this release or as a result of any publication of the Materials.
*NOTE: If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must sign the agreement with the contents of this Waiver.
Name of Participant: ___________________________________________
Participant’s Signature: __________________________________________ Date:
Name of Guardian: _____________________________________________
Address: ______________________________________________________ Phone: _________________
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.