Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk
Terms and Conditions of Entry
These Terms and Conditions of Entry (“Entry Terms”) are designed to enable the Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk on Saturday 16 November 2019 (the “Event”) to run safely. By registering and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Entry, you (the “Participant”) accept and agree to be bound by the Entry Terms and all other relevant material including Event Rules.
1. A registration is not complete until all necessary participant information is supplied and full payment is received.
2. The participant acknowledges that he/she has prior road cycling experience.
3. If completing the 200km ride event, the participant is able to maintain a speed of 25km per hour to complete the event within the allocated period.
4. If the participant is under the age of 18 years old, the participant must be accompanied on the ride or walk by another registered participant over 18 years old.
5. Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk reserves the right to refuse any registration, without reason for the decision.
6. If the participant wishes to cancel his/her registration in the event, the participant must notify the Event Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Notifications of cancellations received by Saturday 31 August 2019 will receive a full refund.
8. No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after Saturday 31 August 2019.
9. The event is under no obligation to refund registration fees due to failure to participate, injury, mechanical breakdown or dissatisfaction of the participant.
10. The participant may transfer his/her registration to another participant up until Thursday 14 November 2019. Permissions can be granted by notifying the Event Manager via email at email@example.com
Mode of Transport
11. Only conventional road, mountain and tandem bikes are permitted for use during the event. Power-assisted bikes are not permitted.
12. Support vehicles operate throughout the event. Support vehicles can assist in the situation of a mechanical breakdown, exhaustion, illness, injury or as transport for the Gears & Graze Ride. While volunteers take due care when handling bikes, the event is not responsible for any damages, costs or expenses that the participant may incur as a result of the handling of his/her bike.
Acknowledgement and Waiver
13. The participant acknowledges and agrees that participation in the event is inherently dangerous and that participation is at his/her own risk.
14. The participant hereby releases and indemnifies Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk, Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd, Bega Cheese Limited and any of their respective representatives, to the extent permitted by law from and against all and any claims, law suits, demands, liabilities, loss and damage, costs, expenses and, interest, whether pursuant to common law or statute, that the participant may suffer or incur arising from or connected with the participants involvement in the event including as a result of negligence, breach of duty, breach of care or other fault or responsibility of the Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk, Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd, Bega Cheese Limited and any of their respective representatives.
15. If the participant is a parent or guardian of a participant under 18 years of age, that participant consents to the child participating in the event and agrees to take full responsibility for the child’s safety and participation throughout the event. The participant further agrees and undertakes to Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk for and on behalf of the participant under 18 years of age that the release and indemnity contained in clause 14 applies with full force and effect to the participant under 18 years of age.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
16. During the event, the participant must comply with all road rules and regulations. Participants must obey Police and Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk representatives at all times.
17. Any participant involved in a cycling event must wear a securely fitted and fastened helmet that contains a mark of compliance with the Australian Standard and the symbol of a JAS-ANZ accredited company. Any participant found not wearing a helmet will be asked to retire from the event.
18. Any participant found riding or walking at twilight will be asked to retire from the event and use support vehicles for transportation back to the Start/Finish Site. If the participant refuses to finish, the participant will not be covered under the insurance provisions of the event.
19. Any participant that passes the lead car, or falls behind the rear car is not covered by the insurance provisions of the event.
Compulsory Equipment and Clothing
20. Participants must ensure that his/her bike, equipment, shoes and clothing are suitable for the ride type and distance undertaken during the event.
21. Participants must ensure that the bike used is roadworthy.
Health and Safety
22. The participant is responsible for ensuring that he/she has adequately and appropriately prepared physically for the event.
23. The participant consents to receiving any medical treatment that event organisers or their authorised representatives (including First Aid and emergency services providers) consider reasonably necessary.
24. If the participant becomes ill or injured during the event, and treatment required is beyond First Aid officers as part of the event, an ambulance will be contacted. Any medical transport will be at the participant’s expense.
25. Meal types offered at the event are regular, gluten free and vegetarian. It is the participant’s responsibility to bring along suitable food and medications that may be necessary to treat any medical condition suffered from.
26. Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk reserves the right to change the route without notice.
27. Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or change the time and location of the event at any time prior to the event.
28. Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk is not responsible or liable to the participant for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred because of such action.
29. The participant consents to being photographed or filmed during the event, and consents to Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk and respective representatives using the participant’s photo or film for promoting the event and any future events or business activities by any form of media.
30. The parent/guardian of the participant aged under 18 years old consents to the child being photographed or filmed during the event, and consents to Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk and respective representatives using the child’s photo or film for promoting the event and any future events or business activities by any form of media.
31. The participant consents to receiving emails and/or text messages regarding the Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk, or any future events held by Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd or Bega Cheese Limited.
Tatura 200 Charity Bike Ride & Walk means Tatura Milk Industries Pty Ltd ABN 66 006 603 970 and includes where appropriate employees, volunteers and contractors.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.