MAAC has a no refund policy for change of mind or no shows and all visitors need to abide by COVID Safe practices and register when visiting MAAC
COVID-19 SAFE PRACTICE
- Ensure physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres wherever possible
- Practice good personal hygiene and regular hand washing
- Download the Commonwealth Government COVIDSafe App and ensure it is active when in the facility
- Cover your face when you sneeze or cough
- No spitting
REGISTER OF VISITORS
- Under our COVIDSafe Plan, we need to record the contact details of all our visitors (including children).
- Our Customer Service Officers will need to record your name and a contact telephone number.
This information is being collected by Moree Artesian Aquatic Centre for the purpose of enabling contact tracing for COVID-19 cases. The information will be provided to the NSW Department of Health and used to contact you to advise you if you are a close contact of a person who has COVID-19; MAAC does not carry out this contact tracing directly.
We will retain the information provided on these forms for a minimum period of 4 weeks at which time, they will be destroyed. If your contact details change during this time and you wish to update us, please contact MAAC's Customer Service Centre.
The supply of this information is voluntary but is a requirement for entry into premises occupied by Moree Plains Shire Council or under its care, control or management for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.