The venue is a licensed premises. Entry restricted to persons 18 years of age and older. For admission, proof of age may be required by the venue.
Please bring your tickets with you (printed or on your phone). If you lose or forget your tickets, or your phone is flat before entry to the show, we will attempt to check our records to verify your purchase. There is no guarantee that we will have the ability to do this on the night. If we are able to access our trybooking.com records to verify your ticket purchase, the ticket purchaser must be present and must be able to provide suitable photo ID (e.g., driver's licence). If you cannot present your printed tickets and we cannot, for whatever reason, verify you as the purchaser, you will be required to purchase tickets at the door (subject to the show not being sold-out).
At some shows, we may take photographs of the audience to share on social media and/or promote future shows. If you do not want to be photographed, please advise the photographer on arrival.
The show consists of different comedians performing diverse comedic material. Comedy is not designed to offend. If you happen to be offended, you've most likely misunderstood the joke.
We request that all patrons respect the comedians and fellow audience members by not heckling or talking during the performance. Disruptive audience members will be ejected from the venue.
We have a rotating roster of comedians and there is no guarantee that any particular comedian will be performing on any given night.
THE VENUE'S COVID-SAFE INFORMATION
What you will need to do:
1) First and foremost if you feel unwell at all do not come to the venue, stay at home.
2) Consider downloading the Covid Safe app and if you have it please ensure it is running when you attend the theatre.
3) When you arrive you will need to queue with the group you are attending with, on the designated markers down the entrance staircase and along the street.
4) A staff member will allow groups to enter one at a time.
5) Once you have checked in, please sanitise your hands.
6) Please log with our team the contact details of anyone in your group.
7) You will be shown to your seat, and one of our wonderful team members will come and take your first drink order, then deliver it to you in the theatre. (Don't forget your first drink is now included in your ticket price to make the whole process nice and easy).
8) If throughout the evening you need to get up for a drink or wish to use the bathroom please queue in the appropriate lines that are identified by large poster signage, and floor markers.
9) After the performance please maintain your social distancing as you leave the venue, and be sure not to congregate on the footpath.
What we are doing:
1) Please know we are cleaning all high touch surfaces regularly, cleaning the full venue before and after performances and deep cleaning the venue once a week.
2) Hand sanitiser is available throughout the venue.
3) Our staff are utilising PPE and being temperature checked prior to work.
4) We have marked out the distanced areas between seating to ensure everyone maintains the 4m2 rule.
5) We have invested in additional POS systems so that staff are not sharing equipment.
6) We will be checking in with you ahead of the performance to make sure you are well .
7) We will be checking in with you post performance to provide resources and information on what you should do should you fall ill.
8) We are closely monitoring the advice of State and Federal Health Authorities to stay up to date on all changes in real time.
Level 1, 5 Eliza Street Newtown
We open one hour prior to the start of the performance.
Strictly NO LATE ENTRY available for any performance.
Pre-sale tickets are for unreserved seating. Seating will be allocated on your arrival at the venue.
The Old 505 Theatre is located in the upstairs ballroom of the historic 100 year old Newtown School Of Arts. Currently there is no wheelchair access to level one but venue management is working closely with the trustees of the building on their refurbishment plan to improve access and hope in the future to be completely accessible.
TryBooking is an online system for organisations and community groups that has been designed to look after the entire event ticketing and registration needs.
All issues relating to the sale of tickets and the hosting of their associated event(s) are the responsibility of the “Event Organiser” and not that of TryBooking Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 71126987915).
Please visit https://www.trybooking.com/info/customer-terms-and-conditions for our terms and conditions.