Setting up a Successful Private Practice
Actualise Your Inner Entrepreneur!
Running your own business can be immensely rewarding. Being a great counsellor or psychotherapist is only the beginning. A successful private practice requires careful planning, a good understanding of the market, compelling branding ad marketing, effective sales/referrals, and diligent ongoing management.
This 150 minute webinar will prepare you to set-up and manage your successful counselling and psychotherapy private practice. This webinar is ideal for students exploring post-graduation options, as well as new graduates or working professionals looking at working for themselves.
About this Webinar
In this intensive webinar, you will discover practical steps to set up your private practice effectively such as writing a business plan, understanding how working for yourself differs from employment, and learning about the counselling & psychotherapy market. You will gain an understanding of your target client group, sources of referrals for that group, and opportunities within the allied health systems. You will also learn important management skills around fees and billing, financial and other mandated recordkeeping, and risk assessment/mitigation best-practices.
- Reality check: What are the risks? Is private practice right for you?
- Understand the business of counselling/psychotherapy. How is running your own business different from clinical work?
- Recognise and value your worth.
- Avoid the most common mistakes when going into private practice.
- Develop a business plan; covering key set-up logistics and practicalities.
- Understand the market and how to identify your target.
- Learn practical financial management: What are the costs? What is an effective pricing strategy? How to bill for and accept payments? How to keep financial records?
- Understand the essentials of branding.
- Learn to market successfully to clients; and develop referral sources/pathways.
- Learn to create an effective web and social media presence.
- And much more…
Venue: Live Webinar (Zoom link will be emailed to all attendees one day prior)
Date: Wednesday, 10th of May, 2023
Time: 6:00 p.m to 8.30 p.m (Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra)
You will receive a selection of complementary ready-to-use expert resources, including:
- Private Practice Set-up Checklist
- Private Practice Business Plan Template
- Templates for Case Notes, Intake Forms, Informed Consent, etc.
- Risk Assessment Checklist
Certification: Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of this webinar. This webinar meets the requirements for 3 hours of active learning CPD points.
About Kris Rao: . Kris is a psychotherapist & a psychoanalyst primarily providing long term therapy for complex trauma disorders. He is also a clinical supervisor for the Australian and New Zealand Association of Psychotherapy (ANZAP) training program. He has a Master of Science in Medicine (Psychotherapy) and a Doctorate in Psychoanalysis. Kris teaches ethics & psychodynamic psychotherapy as adjunct faculty at universities and higher education institutions across Australia and New Zealand.
About eiseEducation: eiseEducation delivers exceptional webinars, short courses, and professional development training to the mental health, social services & community services sector across Australia & New Zealand. Find out more at eiseeducation.com
Contact us for more information.