Sexual Harassment Law 101 - Introduction to workplace sexual harassment legal options
- Date and Time: Tuesday 14 February 2023. 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Presenters: Jen Lynch, Casi Martin, Melanie Schleiger – Equality Law Program, Civil Justice VLA
- Location: Online via Zoom and recorded. Information on how to log into the session will be emailed to those registered closer to the session date.
About the presentation:
Legal options for people who have experienced sexual harassment.
Sexual harassment continues to be an unacceptably common feature of Australian workplaces.
If you work with people who may have experienced sexual harassment, or you just want to learn more, then this session is for you.
We’ll cover the legal options available and give you the knowledge you need to support someone who may have experienced sexual harassment. Topics covered will include:
- Practical tips for responding to reports of sexual harassment
- The legal options available
- Potential outcomes and remedies
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Scope of our expanded sexual harassment legal services and how to make a referral
This event is presented as part of VLA’s Professional Legal Education program. The content has been designed to meet the CPD needs of lawyers in the CPD field of Substantive Law. Lawyers may claim one CPD unit for each hour attended (a maximum of 1 unit for this event) as per the Legal Profession Uniform Continuing Professional Development (Solicitors) Rules 2015.
If you have any questions, please email the PLE team at Victoria Legal Aid.