Preparing for Legal Encounters
Run-ins with the law are only exciting in the movies. Despite your best intentions, there may come a time when the law comes knocking on your door (or inbox.) A legal situation may arise in circumstances such as: a client raises a legal complaint against you, when a duty of care is breached, you suffer a data/privacy breach, you fail to disclose an offence or failing mandatory report, you have a dispute with your insurance company, or you receive a subpoena for client notes. Do you understand what terms like liability and indemnity mean? And what could happen to your business and possibly private assets if someone sues you?
Preparation is the best protection. There are proactive steps you can build into the day-to-day operation of your practice to protect you should in legal eventualities. Having the right processes in place frees you to do what you love - looking after your clients!
This webinar will:
- Introduce the key legal considerations all counsellors/psychotherapists should be prepared for.
- Discuss duty of care, duty to warn, malpractice & negligence
- Discuss how legal situations can affect your practice.
- Highlight the aspects of your practice that are most likely to be impacted.
- Review relevant cases of real encounters with the law.
- Provide practical advice on how to implement protective steps in your day-to-day operations.
Venue: Live Webinar (Webinar link will be emailed to all attendees one day prior).
Date: Saturday, 3rd of June, 2023
Time: 11.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. (Sydney/Melbourne Time)
Benefits for learners:
• Access current, relevant, and focused content.
• Workshop developed and facilitated by a practising industry expert.
• Participate in interactive learning with group activities and discussions.
• Understand how to apply learning to your counselling and psychotherapy practice.
• Add to CPD requirements.
Certificate of completion:
• Provided on completion of this workshop.
Complimentary materials provided:
- Legal Health Checklist
- Professional Development Portfolio
About Kris Rao
Kris is a psychotherapist & a psychoanalyst primarily providing long term therapy for complex trauma disorders. He is also a clinical supervisor for the Australian and New Zealand Association of Psychotherapy (ANZAP) training program. He has a Master of Science in Medicine (Psychotherapy) and a Doctorate in Psychoanalysis. Kris teaches ethics as adjunct faculty at universities and higher education institutions across Australia and New Zealand.
eiseEducation is a thought-leading education consultancy that delivers exceptional training to higher education, corporate and community sectors. We work from the insightful understanding of each client’s unique situation to deliver bespoke courses and exceptional results. Find out more at eiseeducation.com