Pacific Palms Writers' Festival (CANCELLED)
26th - 28th JUNE 2020
INAUGURAL WRITERS' FESTIVAL - EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED TICKET SALES, IN PACIFIC PALMS
Pacific Palms Arts Inc presents the inaugural Pacific Palms Writers' Festival, celebrating the region's literary talent with many accomplished authors residing on the Mid-North Coast.
The Pacific Palms Writers' Festival will be held on Friday 26th June to Sunday 28th June 2020 at Mobys Beachside Retreat, Boomerang Beach, on the Mid-North Coast. Those attending will hear from top local authors and writers from across Australia.
A Young Writers' Festival involving local school children, will be held in conjunction with the main Writers' Festival, with the Young Writers' Awards being presented at the end of the main Festival on the Sunday.
Pacific Palms Arts Inc is a not-for-profit organisation. Proceeds from this community fundraising event contribute to the running of the Pacific Palms Arts Inc events & exhibitions, with additional proceeds going to local schools and creative arts programmes in our area.
PACIFIC PALMS WRITERS' FESTIVAL TICKET SALES WILL REFLECT 3 SESSIONS:
FRIDAY NIGHT COCKTAIL DINNER AT MOBYS BEACHSIDE RETREAT mingling with authors and writers. Starts 7pm. $85 per head includes 2 complimentary drinks.
WEEKEND WRITERS' FESTIVAL SPEAKER SESSIONS full day Saturday 8.30am registration and halfday Sunday starts 9am. $125 Earlybird (first 75 tickets sold) $150 full price - includes Saturday lunch, morning & afternoon teas.
SATURDAY SUNSET SOIREE - BUSH POETS & STORYTELLING at Pacific Palms Surf Life Saving Club. 4.30 - 6.30pm. $25 per head. Complimentary grazing platter. Alcohol sales at the Booti Bar support our local surf club.
Our local bookshop, 'The Sitting Wombat', will be on site with book sales from attending authors.
Mobys Beachside Retreat
4 Redgum Road, Boomerang Beach NSW 2428
Additional information for visitors attending the Inaugural Pacific Palms Writers Festival:
- For all local information about Pacific Palms please refer to our local Pacific Palms Tourist site (incl. owner operated accommodation)
- For accommodation in the Pacific Palms area please refer to Mobys Beachside Retreat, Pacific Palms Real Estate or Pacific Palms Signature Properties
- We have airports and hire cars available at two airports 1 hour away, at Newcastle (south) and Taree (north).
- Local restaurants available for dinner bookings on the Saturday night include Mobys on Redgum (Australian cuisine), Kembali Café (Indonesian) or Hueys @ Blueys (Pizza only) otherwise enjoy the meals in the new Lake View Gallery at the Pacific Palms Recreations Club (no bookings required), The Lakesway, Elizabeth Beach or try the Macwood Grill, Macwood Road, Smiths Lake (no booking required). Limited seating so we suggest you also book for lunch on Sunday.
- A short 15 min drive takes you into Forster to recommended restaurants such as The Reef, Spice Monkey, The Sicilian, Bella Bellisimo, The Deck, Hamiltons Oysters, Royal Indian Restaurant and other local Chinese Restaurants.
- For those visitors staying in housing/apartment accommodation access to General Food Stores at Blueys Beach shops and Smiths Lakes Shops as well as the new Foodworks Supermarket located on The Lakesway, Charlotte Bay.
- Pacific Palms Markets will be on Sunday 28th 9-1pm at the local Community Hall adjacent to the Pacific Palms Recreational Club, The Lakesway, Elizabeth Beach.
- The new Pacific Palms Arts Trail will also be available to visiting tourists on the Sunday, details of the trail will be posted on our PPArts Inc website in March.
- Enjoy lunch overlooking the beautiful Wallis Lake at the Lake View Gallery, in the Pacific Palms Recreational Club, located next to the Pacific Palms Markets. No bookings required.