The program will be delivered over 6 weeks of 2hrs session (60mins lecture and 60mins tutorial).
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Apply an understanding of normal cardiac function and electrophysiology to a cardiac assessment
- Apply basic principles of cardiac rhythm analysis to a rhythm strip and correctly identify normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms
- Demonstrate knowledge application of interpreting abnormalities in a 12-lead ECG
- Be able to recognise life-threatening arrhythmias and acute ECG changes and initiate timely management actions
- Describe the causes, significance, treatment, and management in the different types of heart blocks and arrhythmias
- Analyse modalities of treatment for arrhythmias: non-pharmacological and pharmacological
Medical, Nursing and Related Allied-Health.
Online interactive webinar format (delivered live)
Course Dates in year 2021
1st Intake: 3rd February to 10th March 2021 (every Wednesday), 10am to 12pm
2nd Intake: 5th May to 9th June 2021 (every Wednesday), 10am to 12pm
3rd Intake: 1st September to 6th October 2021 (every Wednesday), 10am to 12pm