Wollongong–Scarborough Steam Train Rides (SOLD OUT)
You will travel behind former NSW Government Railways locomotive 5917 as the powerful engine races past the northern suburbs and then climbs through the twists and turns to the coastal town of Scarborough before returning to Wollongong.
Please Note: All fares are for return travel on the same train.
Private Compartment — $160 per group
Enjoy the benefit of an entire closed-off compartment to yourselves in a heritage side-coridor carriage — great for larger families and social groups!
One booking is good for up to a maximum of eight (8) people including children.
Family of Four — $95
This option is suitable for a maximum of four people and includes two window seats in a spacious area with table.
First Class Single — $40
Sit back in a First Class chair in a spacious area with table.
Saturday 11 June, Sunday 12 & Monday, 13 June 2022
- Wollongong dep 9.50am
- Wollongong arr 10.55am
- Wollongong dep 11.10am
- Wollongong arr 12.30pm
- Wollongong dep 12.55pm
- Wollongong arr 2.05pm
- Wollongong dep 2.15pm
- Wollongong arr 3.20pm
- Wollongong dep 4.05pm
- Wollongong arr 5.15pm
*Preliminary times only. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure. An update email will be sent to the ticket booking a couple of days prior to the event with final trip details.
Babies in arms and small toddlers not requiring a booked seat may be brought along at no additional cost.
The Buffet Car will not be available on this trip. We encourage passengers to bring their own picnic hampers.
BYO alcohol is allowed, however, large eskys obstructing access will not be permitted onboard.
- Passengers are required to wear a face masks while on station platforms
- We recommend wearing face masks while seated and not eating or drinking
- Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats as far as practical
- Passengers are required to follow all instructions from their carriage attendant
- Other conditions may be implemented on the day depending on current COVID-19 restrictions
- If the train is cancelled due to NSW Health restrictions, a full refund of the ticket price will be provided
Wollongong Railway Station
Lowden Square, Wollongong NSW