Making Waves in Hobart
The Governments of both countries have not yet signed the new nuclear weapons ban treaty. Inspiring civil society movements are demanding their leaders reject these weapons of mass destruction and abide by the new international legal norm.
Join the discussion.
- Tanaka Terumi, survivor of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki
- Hasegawa Hanako and Hasegawa Kenichi, former dairy farmers evacuated from Itate village, Fukushima
- Senator Lisa Singh, Australian Labor Party
- Karina Lester, Yankunytjatjara-Anangu second-generation nuclear test survivor
- Scott Ludlam, former federal Senator and ICAN Ambassador
Hosted by Peace Boat, the Australia Institute, the Medical Association for Prevention of War and the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons.
Salamanca Place, Hobart TAS
If wet weather, the event will be held inside Parliament House.