Hero Town: Youth Mental Health First Aid in Geelong (SOLD OUT)
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) is similar to Standard Mental Health First Aid; however, there are a few unique features. YMHFA teaches adults how to assist adolescents who are developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. Learn about:
- adolescent development,
- the signs and symptoms of the common and disabling mental health problems in young people, including:
- eating disorders,
- substance misuse,
- suicidal ideation,
- non-suicidal self harm,
- aggressive behaviours, and
- psychotic episodes.
- where and how to get help when a young person is developing a mental illness,
- what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective, and
- how to provide mental health first aid in a crisis.
Youth Mental Health First Aid is a 14-hour face-to-face course, delivered in Geelong by Hero Town over the course of two days. Participants receive a copy of the Youth MHFA Manual and a Certificate of Completion. Attendance is required across both days.
$199 per participant, includes manual, certificate, lunch, and other resources
Save: Contact us (details below) to arrange professional development in your workplace.
Hero Town Admin Team
03 5215 0486