Cape Schanck Lighthouse and Museum tours
Worth a visit for the spectcular views, and to go back in time to the era and romance of lighthouses!
The Lady of History team of Lighthouses of Victoria invite visitors to tour the 1859 Cape Schanck Lighthouse. A 30 minute tour tells you the history of the 21 metre high Lighthouse, all about the lantern, and you experience the spectacular view into Bass Strait from the Lighthouse Balcony.
Enjoy the romance of a past era and explore the world of the Lighthouse keepers and their families
Tours start at the Museum building (former Assistant Lighthouse keeper's quarters) in the grounds of the Cape Schanck Lighthouse Reserve - look for the building with the coloured flags.
Please wear suitable clothing and footwear and note that it can be very windy on the tower balcony.
Prices: $13 Adults, $7 Children (3 – 14 years)
Family Ticket (2 Adults, 2 Children) $38 = 4 tickets
- Tours are conducted to meet the requirements of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- Maximum 10 people per tour.
- Tour participants must be able to climb stairs.
- Smoking is not permitted in the tower.
- No food or drink except water in the tower.
- Suitable for age 3 and over only. Tour is unsuitable for pushers or prams.
- Children must be supervised by adults at all times.
Tours will be run every half hour - at 10.30am, 11am, 11.30am, 12noon, 12.30pm, 1pm, 2pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm & 4pm.
To book click on the Orange 'Continue booking' button at the very top right of the page to choose a session time, and have your VISA or MasterCard handy.
Magnets and books on history and shipwrecks for sale.