Cecil Noir Twilight Ride and Pedal-Powered Cinema (02633)
Meet at Melbourne Bike Share Station near St Kilda Sports Club
80 Fitzroy St, St Kilda Vic 3182
Do I need to be a confident rider?
Yes. The 4-km Cecil Noir Twilight Ride will be on dedicated bike lanes as well as some open road and shared paths. There will be no road or path closures. We will be sharing the roads and paths with others. In all cases the road rules will be obeyed and riders are required to take direction of Projector Bike staff. Should Projector Bike staff find that riders or bikes are not suitable for the ride, the riders will be informed.
If you would like to increase your bike riding confidence City of Port Phillip is offering Bike Confidence Courses on 21 October but places are limited so book early. These practical small group classes are for adults.
If you are unsure of the road rules for bicycles or would like some safety tips please see https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/a-to-z-of-road-rules/bicycles
Can I bring the kids?
This is a family friendly event, but please be aware that any minors must be supervised by an adult and must be competent and able riders. Also, the film is rated PG with French audio (English subtitles) and is not aimed at very young children.
Some additional rules that Projector Bike likes to apply:
• In all cases riders are required to take direction of Projector Bike staff.
• Pedestrians will always be given right of way and be treated with care and respect.
• We like to wave and smile at car divers if its safe to do so.
• We ring our bells when going through an intersection.
• Front lights are best to be on and steady and pointed on a downward angle
Most importantly Projector Bike events are a fun and exciting way to enjoy riding together with your fellow cyclists. If you ride with care and consideration and keep an eye out for each other, we will all have a great time!
What do I need to bring?
- A bicycle in good condition with working brakes, a bell, pumped-up tyres, red reflector on the back
- Bike lock to secure your bike during the cinema screening
- Re-usable waterbottle
- Picnic to enjoy at cafe setting
Your bike should be fitted with front and rear lights visible from 200m as follows:
- White light (flashing or steady) on the front
- Red light (flashing or steady) on the back
Will the ride go ahead in all weather conditions?
The operator reserves the right to reschedule the event of poor weather conditions. In this case participants will contacted by email 24 hours prior to the event.
Will it be possible to buy food at the South Melbourne Market?
Fritz Gelato will open its doors especially for this event! Other food vendors will not be open.
What is the refund policy?
There are no refunds or credits for cancellations, no shows or if your bike, equipment or attire are found to be unsafe and you can not take part as a consequence.