Tenancy Law for Non-Lawyers
Learn how to help your clients with their tenancy and housing issues with up-to-date and thorough information from the experts at the Tenants’ Union of NSW. This one-day workshop will help to clarify the complicated field of tenancy law and give you knowledge, skills, and confidence in this area.
THE WORKSHOP COVERS:
- Introduction to contract law
- Overview – Residential Tenancies Act 2010
- Residential tenancy agreement
- Overview of Tenants Union and Tenancy Advice & Advocacy Services
- Public and Community Housing
- NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)
- Tenancy databases
- Complex tenancies
Presented by Grant Arbuthnot, Principal Legal Officer, Tenants’ Union of NSW
Public Interest Advocacy Centre
Level 5, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney NSW 2000
ACCESS AND EQUITY
PIAC adheres to principles of access and equity in order to maximise outcomes for training participants.
Only wheelchair accessible venues are used for our public training courses. PIAC can provide materials in accessible formats and will provide Auslan interpreters (with notice) where required.
Please feel free to discuss your special access needs with us.